Saturday, April 14, 2012

Queen of Sheba

As I research and learn more about Ethiopia, I find myself really falling in love with its culture and history--it's such a beautiful country!  I think it's important for Jon and I to know as much as possible about the place our children are coming from.  So, in an effort to incorporate a little more Ethiopian culture into our lives, I convinced Jon to go to an Ethiopian restaurant tonight for dinner.  It was delicious, and such a fun experience!  I (or Jon, to be honest) had to hold myself back from asking our waitress 1,000 questions about Ethiopia and telling her all about our adoption.  I tend to get overly excited about things and over-share, especially with strangers.  :)


our platter of food
yummy Ethiopian honey wine

there are no utensils; instead you tear off pieces of injera bread and use them to pick up each bite of food


No comments:

Post a Comment