Tuesday, May 15, 2012

(belated) Mother's Day Musings

This Mother's Day felt a little different for me.  I felt much more introspective and, for lack of a better word, aware this Mother's Day.  We probably won't have our babies home until late 2013 or sometime in 2014, but in some ways I already feel like a mother.  They may not have even been conceived yet, but I am consumed with love for our kids.  I think a lot about how exciting it will be to walk out of the West Sands transition house and fly home with them, and how exciting it will be to get them out of their cribs in the mornings, feed them, and clean up their messes.  

My heart aches to have them with us, yet, at the same time, my heart aches for their birth mother.  I pray for her daily--that she will have enough to eat, that she will be healthy and protected.  It's an odd reality, to pray for someone's health and safety all the while knowing that something--be it disease, death, or simply extreme poverty and too many kids at home already--will inevitably cause her children to be taken out of her arms and placed into mine.  My heart aches for HER.  I will be honored with the task of raising her babies, and I will be tasked with honoring her by loving them well.

And, this wouldn't be a proper Mother's Day post without a few words about my own mother.   She has taught me compassion, and who Jesus is, and the importance of a good skin care regime.  I am so very thankful for her.



my mama with her mama

No comments:

Post a Comment