Saturday, January 12, 2013


dos·si·er

 [dos-ee-YAY!]

This is the post I've been waiting one year, two months, and a few days to write.  Our USCIS approval arrived Wednesday, and this morning we sent off our dossier--and a big check--to our agency.  

Oh M GEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This means that the wait to wait is almost over, and we are *almost* officially WAITING.  Waiting for the phone call and e-mail with our referral information, waiting to see our children's faces, waiting to visit the country we've fallen in love with, waiting to begin life as a family of four.  

So, here's how it works.  West Sands will receive our dossier on Tuesday (I'm watching you, FedEx), and they will sort through all of the documents and make sure everything looks good.  Then, they will send it to a government office in D.C. to be authenticated (which basically means approved and stamped) and translated into Amharic, then it will be sent back to West Sands.  West Sands then sends it to Ethiopia... when our dossier is in the hands of the Ethiopian government, we will officially be on the list, officially WAITING.  

We would gratefully appreciate your prayers that our little dossier stays safe and sound during its world tour and that it (we) would find favor with each government official who touches it.

FedEx excitement
our entire life is in this binder.  
Oh M GEEEEEE!!!!
celebratory lunch at queen of sheba

5 comments:

  1. Hi I just happened to stumble across your blog the other day. I think it is wonderful that you have gotten this far in your adoption. My husband and I are also adopting from West Sands and are a little behind you in the process. I just wanted to reach out because I haven't gotten to really talk to any other moms adopting from West Sands and who is so close in their journey as we are. We hope to send our dossier by the end of the month or beginning of February I will definitely be following. Thanks and please check our my blog too! http://afterthestormhasgone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I added your blog to my list. :) Have you checked out the support group on Facebook for West Sands families? It's been a life saver!

      Delete
  2. Congrats Caroline! I have an adoption fundraising idea I'd like to share with you. Could you please email me at mlee@coupaide.com?

    Thanks!

    Matthew Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caroline, I purchased a pair of your boots on eBay, and just noticed that you included a link to your blog in an eBay message you sent. I'm a blogger too (thewayiseeitmomblog.blogspot.com), so of course right away I jumped over to your blog. I was so happy to see that I may have contributed to your adoption fund by purchasing these boots. Congratulations, and much luck on your journey!

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Carrie! Every penny we make on eBay goes toward our adoption expenses--thanks for helping out! :)

      ~Caroline

      P.S. I love your blog!

      Delete